Sunday, May 30, 2010

What I've been reading lately

The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Shot by Gail Bell
Ciara's Gift by Una Glennon
90 Packets of Instant Noodles by Deb Fitzpatrick
Wilt on High by Tom Sharpe
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (both books)
The Boat by Name Le
Beautiful Monster by Kate McCaffrey
Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James
As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner (I thought I'd read this before, but if I did, I have no memory of it)
A People's History of Science by Clifford D. Conner

3 comments:

  1. Interesting mixed-bag of books.

    I too have 90 Packets - it looks good!

    Also, as a blatant self-plug, check out my interview with Kate and review of Beautiful Monster :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. 90 Packets is fantastic - cracking writing, raises some interesting questions about nature/nurture and criminality, and is interesting to contrast with Jonsberg's Ironbark. And yes, I've read your lovely interview with Kate. Both books are edited by Amanda Curtin, I notice, who is very gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read 'The Road' - was traumatised. Read both of the Hunger Games books and was totally electrified - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete